The Help Desk does not provide cell phone support.
However, the following information is provided for your convenience. Please contact your service provider for support.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
To configure the ‘Mail’ app on an Apple device for access to Gmail, just follow these steps:
- Make sure you’ve enabled IMAP in your main Gmail settings
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account…
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Gmail address, including ‘@my.milligan.edu’
- Tap Next
- Tap Save.
If you are unable to pull up your contacts when you set up your student Gmail account on your iPhone, try setting up your email account as an Exchange account instead.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account…
- Tap Exchange
- Enter the information for your account.
- When asked for the server information, enter in m.google.com
- When asded for a domain, leave the field blank.
- Use your email address as your username.
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. You only have to do this once:
- Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
- The Accounts & sync settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Select Add account.
- Select Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Select Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Enter your full Google Apps email address as your username, and then enter your password.
- Select which services you’d like to sync.
To set up the BlackBerry’s email client with Gmail (IMAP), just follow these steps:
- On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen
- Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called Setup, Setup Wizard,Email Setup, BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up)
- Follow the setup instructions provided on your device
If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device’s home screen, labeled with your Gmail address.
Visit the Blackberry Support page for the Enhanced Gmail Plugin for Smartphones for additional information.