Guest Network Policy
This policy is intended for use by employees of the university as a guide to aid in understanding the purpose of the guest wireless network, technical parameters and other related issues. It is also appropriate to share this information with authorized users of the guest wireless network.
- The “Guest” network is for use by individuals who have an affiliation with the university; meaning parents of Milligan students, alumni, visiting lecturers, contractors, vendors, etc.
- The “Guest” network is NOT for use by faculty, staff, or students.
- Use of the “Guest” wireless network is for legal purposes only. Illegal use is prohibited and violators are subject to punitive action.
- Use of the “Guest” network implies that the user has read and agrees to the Milligan acceptable use policy and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial/for profit use is prohibited.
- Guest access is at the discretion of Milligan University. Access may be blocked or terminated at any time for any reason.
- Use of the “Guest” network for illegal activities will result in immediate termination of service and notification of applicable law enforcement agencies. Illegal activities may include obscenity, pornography, threats, harassment, defamation, theft, copyright infringement, unauthorized access to network/computer resources, fraud, distribution of malware/malicious software, sending unsolicited bulk messages etc.
- The “Guest” network should not be used to transmit confidential or sensitive information or to process credit card payments.
- Users of the “Guest” wireless are responsible for the security of their device and the data contained therein.
Use and Access Information
- Access is provided on an ‘as is’ basis with no guarantee of service.
- Unauthorized use of this network is prohibited.
- This network is subject to periodic maintenance and may be unavailable without advanced notice.
- Due to the amount of bandwidth required by some applications and their effect on a shared resource, some protocols or programs may be blocked.
- Use of peer-to-peer software that can be used to share files such as movies, music, or software in violation of copyright laws is strictly prohibited.
- Milligan assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of equipment. Users must keep their equipment with them at all times.