This policy is intended for students currently enrolled at Milligan College.
- The “Student_Wireless” network is for currently enrolled Milligan students only. Your Milligan username and password will be utilized to validate your identity.
- All Milligan networks are for legal purposes only. Illegal use is prohibited and violators are subject to punitive action.
- Use of the “Student_Wireless” network implies that the user has read and agrees to the Milligan acceptable use policy and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial/for profit use is prohibited.
- The “Student_Wireless” network should not be used to transmit confidential or sensitive information or to process credit card payments.
- Student-owned wireless access points, routers, and switches are prohibited on Milligan’s network.
Use and Access Information
- Milligan College provides a robust wireless network covering all academic, business, and residential buildings on campus. Much of the green space is also covered with wireless signal.
- Due to the amount of bandwidth required by some applications and their effect on a shared resource, some protocols or programs may be blocked.
- Use of peer-to-peer software that can be used to share files such as movies, music, or software in violation of copyright laws is strictly prohibited.
- Gaming devices, Roku, etc. without a browser will need to be registered with the Department of Information Technology in order to connect to the wireless network. To register, please send an email to email@example.com with your MAC address, location, and type of device.